7.22.2009

Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk

This past weekend was a WORLDwide success! It was absolutely incredible the steam this event gained as the day drew near - over 32,000 photographers all coming together and snapping away. For those of you that aren't familiar with Scott Kelby's worldwide photowalk, USA Today ran a great article that you can find here. (Which was a big help in the final push for numbers!)

By the time I actually found out about the walk, Nashville was already filled up (where I live), so I ended up shooting downtown Franklin which was really cool. I used to live only a mile from 5 points (main intersection in downtown Franklin) so I thought I had seen it all before, but man was I wrong! I found so many nooks and crannies that I just can't wait to go back and shoot again! One neat aspect was that we shot from 7:00 - 9:00 am, and there's very few things open at that time, so we really had a clean look at things.

Well, I really tried to bring a different perspective to the day with my style, so don't hold your breath if you are looking for 'great shots to represent Franklin.' :) Nonetheless, here's a few I didn't throw out:

(4th Street parking garage)
(Main street roofs)
(5 Points)

No comments: